COMMUNITY AND EMERGENCY SERVICES CLUSTER
DEPUTY HEAD (LIBRARIES AND HERITAGE)
REF NO: 44000004
PARKS RECREATION AND CULTURE UNIT
LIBRARIES AND HERITAGE DEPARTMENT
Benefits included in the Total Value of Remuneration Package Range (Pension, 13th Cheque, Medical Aid, Housing Subsidy and Car Allowance) are payable in accordance with the rules/requirements of the respective benefit schemes and any revisions that may occur from time to time which may alter the Total Value of Remuneration Package. In addition other allowance may be payable (where applicable).
To plan, lead, organise and directs the Culture and Libraries Sections.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Directs the management, development and maintenance of libraries and heritage/museum facilities.
- Ensures that the public is provided with information and access to information.
- Directs the planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes to facilitate community consultation and participation.
- Directs the provision of reference, lending and special lending service.
- Directs the marketing and promotion of culture and library facilities.
- Directs the provision of venues for community activities.
- Directs the acquisition and management of collections of artifacts, specimens and other material.
- Directs the planning and implementation of research projects.
- Ensures that the policies and directives of the Council are implemented.
- Plans and controlling the budget for the department.
- Leads, manages, controls, and develops subordinates.
- Undertakes the administrative functions pertinent to a senior management position.
- Relevant Bachelors Degree.
- Valid motor vehicle driving license (Code B).
- 7 Years experience at a management level of which at least 2 years must be at a senior management level.
- Relevant post graduate qualification in Management.
Work sample and/or psychometric tests may be undertaken as part of the selection process.
EThekwini Municipality is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
In addition to the basic salary reflected above, the Municipality offers a 13th cheque, housing subsidy (subject to certain conditions), normal pension benefits and generous vacation leave.
Applicants who have not been contacted / notified within 3 months of the closing date of this advert should consider themselves unsuccessful.
Please quote the reference number of the vacancy in all circumstances.
Any employee may be required to be deployed and report to any of the offices, depots or workplaces of the Municipality within its area of jurisdiction.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Canvassing Councillors or Officials in respect of these positions will lead to the disqualification of the applicants. You shall be required to undergo a pre-engagement medical examination to be conducted by a medical officer in the employ of the Municipality.
To apply go to www.durban.gov.za and click on e-careers link – closing date is Friday, 2017-03-10.