Mr Lwandile Dastile
Primary Education: Sizamulwazi Public Primary School- Barkly East.
High School attended: Nkwanca Public High School – Queenstown (Komani).
Achievement/Award Best Librarian: Ukhahlamba District, 2005 (Eastern Cape).
Name of institution: University of the Western Cape
Qualification obtained: Bachelor in Library and Information Science and Education (B.BIBL ED) 1999.
Name of Institution: Le Mark Communication
Qualification obtained: Certificate in Customer Services, 2004
Name of institution: Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
Qualification obtained: Certificate in Project Management, 2015
Employer: Senqu Local Municipality
Worked as a Librarian in Barkly East Public Library between 01st November 2001 and 27th of October 2005.
During the above period, I did the following:-
- Conducted library orientation for the learners of the following local schools (Malikhanye Senior Secondary; Barkly East High; Sizamulwazi Primary and DRC Primary school.
- Did block loans with Barkly East Old Age Home Centre
- Literacy Competitions: SA Library Week and Literacy Day
Employer: Department of Sports, Recreation, Arts and Culture- O.R. Tambo District: Mthatha.
Principal Librarian:- 28 October 2005 to 31 March 2017
- Initiated establishment of public libraries in the O.R. Tambo District
- Forge working relations with local municipalities
- Forge sound working relations with Private Sectors (Vodacom and Implats)
- Conducted outreach programmes to all the local municipalities in the District.
- Conducted and facilitated workshops and training for librarians.
Acting Assistant Manager: 1st April 2017- 31st March 2018
Currently Assistant Manager: Library & Information Services- O.R. Tambo District.
Became the LIASA member in 2006 and membership no. is 3681
LEADERSHIP ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Chairperson LIASA Sub branch1: Eastern Cape, 2016 – 2018
Chair-Elect LIASA Sub branch1: Eastern Cape, 2014 – 2016
Public Relations Officers LIASA Eastern Cape Branch, 2012- 2014
Deputy Chairperson LIASA Sub branch 1: Eastern Cape, 2010 – 2012
Represented LIASA in various platforms as a speaker and a guest.
- 2015 presented in a King Sabata Dalindyebo Library Committee Workshop a paper titled “LIASA- Librarian’s choice”. Ikhwezi Library in Mthatha
- 2015 at Mdantsane Library in a LIASA meeting presented a paper “Dynamic librarian”.
- Speaker: Engcobo Municipality Library Services Awards in 2016
I am a hard working person; also have excellent verbal and written communication skills. I possess the ability to work independently and am also a very good team player. I am dynamic and self-driven, fast learner, trustworthy and assertive, able to work long hours and work effectively under pressure. I aimed at ensuring that all our public libraries in the O.R. Tambo District have internet and are centres of information.