Mr Sidima Mnengi
Primary education at Magxeni Junior Secondary School in Mount Frere.
High Education at Makaula Senior Secondary School in Mount Frere in 1994-1996. Graduated Honours Degree in Library and Information Science at Walter Sisulu University in 2014.
Graduated B. Bibl. Degree at the former University of Transkei in 2002.
Cataloguing Librarian (Head of Technical Services) at Walter Sisulu University Mthatha Campus (2015 to date).
Cataloguing Librarian at Walter Sisulu University, Mthatha Campus (2009-2015)
- Coordinating all WSU Cataloguing projects
- Involved in various projects for Health Resource Centres
- Assist HRCs with SIERRA create list statistics
- Involved in Library research support services like trainings on online databases, reference software like Endnote, Mendely and Turnitin plagiarism tool.
- Assist in Library Orientation programmes.
- Assist in the Information Literacy programme.
In 2006-2009 worked as a Librarian at City of Johannesburg Metropolitan Municipality
- Coordinating Library outreach community programme: Library Reading Competition programmes, Career Development Programme, Early Childhood Development programme, Homework assistance for Child headed house hold learners and Library ABET programme
- Awarded certificate of Best Librarian in 2008 City of Johannesburg Region A&C Libraries.
Paid up LIASA member (membership no. 5027) since 2010 till to date, very active and passionate and professional Librarian.
Professional Association activities from Sub-Branch, Branch and also in the national level
- LIASA Eastern Cape Branch PRO (2016-2018)
- Chairperson of LIASA Sub-Branch 1 (2014-2016)
- Additional member LIASA Sub-Branch 1 (2010-2012)
- Chair-elect Sub-Branch 1 (2012-2014)
- Volunteered at the LIASA National Conference at East London ICC in 2011
- Co-presented a paper at LIASA National conference held at Durban ICC in 2012
- Presented a paper at LIASA National Conference held at Boksburg Conference Centre in 2014
- Volunteered at WLIC 81st IFLA general conference held at Cape Town ICC in 2015.
Representing LIASA at LIS sector events like SALW, World Book day celebrations held by Local Municipality Libraries events and District Municipality Libraries events and during launch of new libraries by DSRAC District events
- Invited to be the Guest Speaker at Engcobo Local Municipality during Library Week event in 2016
- Facilitated the WSU Sasol library donation of weeded books to Mthatha
Correctional Services Centre Library
- Assisted the Correctional Services Centre to establish a Library by arranging and shelving of their library donation books to be ready for the official launch in 2015.
Serving in different committees in my institution (WSU):
- WSU SENATE committee as a representative of Non-Academic Employees (2015 to date)
- NEHAWU Branch Deputy Chairperson (2015 to date)
- SEALS Standard Committee – WSU Cataloguing representative (2014 to date) Ø WSU LIS Extended Management Committee (2014 to date).
Professional Interests: Digitization, Advocacy and Information Literacy.
Personal Interests: to change people’s lives, fulfil my personal goals and vision academically and professionally.
Achievements: LIASA Eastern Cape Branch articles on LIASA in-Touch and LIASA EC Branch newsletter for first time.