LIASA offers an event management system to its members, using Open Conference Systems open source software.
What is a conference or event management system?
It is a system that helps managing an event online – from the call for papers to payments, registrations and managing a web page for the event. It manages all event activities involved – no matter how big or small – in a professional and very efficient way:
- create an event Web site
- compose and send a call for papers
- electronically accept paper and abstract submissions
- allow paper submitters to edit their work
- post event/conference proceedings and papers in a searchable format
- post, if you wish, the original data sets
- register participants
- integrate post-conference/event online discussions
- easy reporting following the event
Access LIASA Events at http://www.liasa-new.org.za/conference/
Request an event
It is encouraged that – for good governance – an online presence is created for all LIASA events.