In terms of Rule 4.5 of the Constitution Articles and Rules of LIASA, I have been appointed by the Executive Committee of LIASA as the Electoral Officer for the election of the Office Bearers for the period 2016 to 2018.
In terms of Article 10 of the Constitution and Rule 4 of LIASA, all paid-up individual members of the Association will shortly be invited to submit nominations online. The vacant office bearer positions will be:
- President Elect
- Public Relations Officer
LIASA will only receive nominations and votes online. (Rule 4.8)
Given that the AGM is on 13 October 2016, the timeline for the elections will be as follows:
- May 31: Closing of the voter’s roll (Rule 4.6)
- July 13: Electoral officer: Nomination forms for office bearers (Rule 4.7)
- August 14: Closing date for nominations
- September 1: Electoral officer: Voting papers (Rule 4.9)
- October 11: Ballot closes at 14:00 (Rule 4.11)
Kindly ensure that your institutional and/or individual membership has been paid up and confirmed by 31 May 2016 in order to be eligible for nomination and/or to participate in these elections. In the meantime I also urge members to give due consideration to the Office Bearer positions and to consider possible nominees.
LIASA Electoral Officer 2016-2018
12 April 2016