Call for nominations for Office Bearers 2014 – 2016
In terms of Article 10 of the Constitution and Rule 4 of LiASA, all paid-up Individual members of the Association are hereby invited to submit nominations for the following national LiASA Office Bearers for the 2014-2016 term of office:
- Public Relations Officer
This is the first time that LiASA will receive nominations and votes entirely via email. [Read more]
At the LIASA Annual General Meeting held on Thursday 10 October 2013 in Cape Town, the membership was informed of the changes to the Constitutional Rules pertaining to Elections.
Rule 4.6 states: “The Electoral Officer shall be provided with an electronic mailing list of all members of the Association valid as at 31 May in an electoral year. This list shall constitute the Voters Roll.”
In preparation for the final list, please find the Voter’s Roll as it is on 8 May 2014 here. If your membership for 2014 is paid in full, confirm that your name appears on the Roll. If your name is not on the list, please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org, with proof of payment, or payment date and the reference used when payment was made.
If you have not yet renewed your membership, or have outstanding instalments to pay, please do so before the end of May 2014 if you don’t want to lose out on the following opportunities:
- Voting for decisions taken in the Association
- To nominate and be nominated in leadership positions within the Association
- To nominate and be nominated as Librarian of the Year (need a 5 year consecutive membership to be in line for this nomination)
- To qualify for the membership rate for Conference in September
- To be in line for professional development opportunities at a reduced rate (or even free)
- To have access to Awards and Grants (IFLA is coming to Cape Town in 2015....)
- Be part of the dialogue and engagement around sector issues
- Networking opportunities locally, nationally and internationally
Here is the link to the online registration form where you can renew or join http://members.liasa.org.za/ The system will generate an invoice with a reference number which needs to be paid within 7 days.