Certificate of attendance
Complete this form to request your 2018 LIASA Annual Conference Attendance Certificate. Attendance will be confirmed before the certificate is issue.
Re-envisioning the role of library and information services
02 – 06 October 2017
02 October 2017 Pre-Conference Workshops
02 October 2017 Librarian of the Year Interviews
03 – 06 October 2017 Main Conference
05 October 2017 Annual General Meeting
Venue and Accommodation
|2017 LIASA Members||2017 Non-members|
|Early Bird||31 July 2017||ZAR5 100||ZAR7 700|
|Standard||31 August 2017||ZAR6 800||ZAR9 800|
|Late and onsite||1 September – 06 October 2017||ZAR8 000||ZAR10 650|
|Day registration||31 August 2017||ZAR1 800||ZAR2 400|
|Late and onsite Day Registration||1 September – 06 October 2017||ZAR3 350||ZAR3 850|
Register for the LIASA Annual Conference here.
Letter of invitation
- Pre-Conference Workshop 1: User Experience
- Pre-Conference Workshop 2: Advocacy and Marketing
- Pre-Conference Workshop 3: Writing and Self-publishing
- Pre-Conference Workshop 4: Conference Presentation Skills
- Pre-Conference Workshop 5: Library as Space
- Pre-Conference Workshop 6: Library Carpentry
Annual General Meeting
- Notice of the meeting and Agenda
- Minutes of the meeting held on 13 August 2016
- Audited Financial Statements
Call for Papers
Call for Posters
How to submit your paper or poster abstract
- LIASA uses PKP Open Conference Systems (OCS) to manage the workflow involved in paper and poster abstract submissions. Access the LIASA page here.
- Create an online e-profile
– Register as an Author on the online form.
– Add your brief biography in the text box provided.
– If already registered, login and update your e-profile by adding your brief biography.
- Login, or continue if already logged in. If you have forgotten your password, click here.
- To submit
– Under User Home, in your role as Author, click on New Submission.
– Follow the wizard and complete all the text boxes on the form (Step 2).
– Make separate submissions for separate abstracts.
- Please submit your abstract/s by 15 June 2017. Authors of abstracts will be notified of the outcome by 1 July 2017.
|15 June 2017||Last date: Paper & poster abstract submission|
|01 July 2017||Last date: Authors of successful papers & posters notified|
|02 October 2017||Pre-conference Workshops|
|02 October 2017||Librarian of the Year Interviews|
|02 October 2017||Set-up poster (15:00 – 17:00)|
|03 October 2017||Set-up poster (07:00 – 08:30)|
|03-06 October 2017||Main Conference
Presenters to submit presentations to firstname.lastname@example.org one day prior to presentation
|03 October 2017||Poster viewing (during exhibition opening)|
|04 October 2017||Poster viewing (during lunch)|
|05 October 2017||LIASA AGM|
|05 October 2017||Poster viewing (during lunch)|
|05 October 2017||Breakdown of posters (15:00 – )|
Naomi Haasbroek (Chair)