Library Lovers’ Month 2018
LIASA MAIG (Marketing & Advocacy Interest Group) is proud to announce our first Library Lovers’ Month initiative!
February is the month of love and MAIG wants to extend this love to our libraries! MAIG has created the following free resources that you may use in your library. You are welcome to use these free downloads to plan your Library Lovers’ Month initiative at your library.
Free templates that you may use:
- A2 Poster, A3 Poster, A4 Poster, [Printer’s version]
- Bookmark [Printer’s version]
- Facebook cover image
- Twitter cover image
- Email signature
- Dear Library Love letter
- Frame for your Facebook profile
Ideas for using your templates:
Think of creative ways in which you will be promoting Library Lovers’ Month at your library. Here are some of the things that you can do with these templates:
- Put up an exhibition on all the romance books in your library. Decorate the exhibition with red hearts, balloons, streamers or flowers;
- Print out the posters and display them prominently in your library;
- Print out the bookmark templates on sturdy paper and place them at your Circulation desks for your clients. If you have funds available, add a little chocolate or any other small gifts;
- If your library has a social media page such as Facebook or Twitter, use the Facebook and Twitter cover images and promote your library’s Library Lovers’ Month initiatives;
- Add the email signature to your emails so that you can create awareness for your library’s Library Lovers’ Month initiatives;
- Make copies of the “Dear Library Love letter” and encourage your clients to write a letter on the template. Display these love letters on your library notice board, on your walls or windows. Remember to take a photograph of each Library Love letter and upload them to your Facebook or Twitter pages and tag it with theses hashtags: #LibraryLoversMonth #LIASAMAIG or forward the best letters to Liasamaig@gmail.com if you don’t have social media.
- Run a Library Lovers’ Month competition at your library. Get a sponsor to offer a prize for the best “Dear Library Love letter”
- Dress up for the day and offer refreshments – perhaps red velvet cupcakes for all your clients.
- Organize an event with a special guest speaker. You know your clients best and will know what they will love!
We would love to hear how you implemented #LibraryLoversMonth in your library, so please remember to share your photographs, activities and stories with us. Please send us your images via email (Liasamaig@gmail.com) so that we can share this on the LIASA MAIG social media Facebook and Twitter pages if you do not have your own pages. If you do have your own pages, simply post your photographs on your pages and tag us using the following hashtags: #LibraryLoversMonth #LIASAMAIG
Happy #LibraryLoversMonth from MAIG!