Launching the MAIG South African Library Week competition!
LIASA will be celebrating South Africa Library Week during 19 – 25 March 2018 with the theme Libraries: heart of the Community.
Library marketers across the country will promote this special theme in their libraries as a reminder that the library is a communal space that caters to specific needs whether these are educational, social, recreational or informative. Read more about South African Library Week 2018.
MAIG would again like to launch the South African Library Week (SALW) 2018 competition in recognition of the creativity and imaginative initiatives by our marketing librarians! Last year’s competition was a huge success but our members requested that we have different categories for our libraries. You speak, we listen, so this year you are encourage to share your planned SALW activities by entering in one of these categories:
- Academic and research library – sponsored by MAIG
- Government and national library – sponsored by MAIG
- Public and community library – sponsored by UKS
- School library and Special library – sponsored by MAIG
Please enter electronically and answer these questions (these questions will assist you now in the planning of your event/exhibition):
- Describe what you planned for SALW 2018.
- What were the objectives of your planned event/exhibition?
- Who is your target audience and how did your SALW 2018 activities impact on them?
- Was your planned SALW 2018 event/exhibition a success? Why do you think the judges should consider your library for the prize?
- Very important: please email at least 4 high definition photographs to Liasamaig@gmail.com
Closing Date of the competition: Wednesday 11 April 2018
Enter electronically: https://goo.gl/forms/k3jPKltyQGRu67qf1
Prize: R1 000 Exclusive Books voucher for your library per category winner
Enquiries: Elsabé Olivier: email@example.com
Announcement of the winners: The winners will be notified telephonically or via email by 20 April 2018.
MAIG wishes you good luck and enjoy the planning your activities!