What They Didn’t Teach in Library School: The Cycle of True Marketing
by Kathy Dempsey, New Jersey, USA
Have you been tasked with marketing library events or services without ever having a course that taught you how? If so, you’re an “accidental marketer,” and you’re not alone! This webinar will give you a solid foundation in the tenets of library marketing, covering definitions, strategies, reasoning, and the steps in the Cycle of True Marketing. With a dash of humor, marketing maven Kathy Dempsey will answer these burning questions:
- What’s the difference between marketing, public relations, promotion, and advocacy?
- Why didn’t anyone come to the event that I worked so hard on?
- How can I get my message through when people are inundated with information and advertising?
- Why is library lingo evil?
- What mistakes am I making without realizing it?
- How can I make my marketing more effective?
Wonder no longer; this is the “Marketing 101” lesson that will help it all make sense!