Lending Services Coordinator
Administrative vacancy at Monash South Africa
Lending Services Coordinator
Monash South Africa is a campus of Monash University Australia, which is rated as one of the top universities in the world. Monash is Australia’s largest university and has eight campuses and two research centres in Prato, Italy and Mumbai, India. Of the eight campuses six are in Australia, one in Malaysia and one in South Africa. Recently Monash opened a graduate school in Suzhou China.
Located in Ruimsig, Johannesburg, Monash South Africa offers a range of full-time degrees in the fields of Social Science, Health Sciences, Business and Economics and Information Technology, each with a variety of major options. Several Honours and Masters Programmes are also available. Monash South Africa conducts high-quality, innovative and relevant research that addresses themes relevant to South Africa, the continent and beyond.
Please note – all applicants must address each of the Key selection criteria to be considered for interviews.
Purpose of position
The Lending Services Coordinator reports to the Client Services Librarian and is responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the loans section, readings, and reserve and library website. This position supervises the reserve and lending services staff.
Key areas and responsibilities
- Manage the day to day activities of the loans section.
- Supervise the loans, readings and reserve staff.
- Monitor the performance of the loans module of the university library automated library systems.
- Manage the routine operation of the inter library loans and requests service.
- Assist with the provision of information services.
- Assist with the maintenance of the library’s website.
- Assist in the planning of loans operations.
- Occupational Health, Safety and Environment.
Key selection criteria
- University degree and / or postgraduate diploma in Library Science or Bachelor’s degree in Library Science with a minimum five years’ experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education / training.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage lending services preferably in an academic library.
- Sound organization, time management and administrations skills including the ability to set priorities, work independently and perform well under pressure.
- Well-developed supervisory skills including oral and written communication skills including the ability to lead a team.
- Proven capability to effectively liaise and negotiate with a range of clients including students and staff in a service environment.
- Familiarity with the academic environment is desirable.
Interested persons are invited to submit a covering letter, together with their detailed CV responding to the selection criteria and details of two referees, to e-mail: email@example.com , or fax : 086 664 7941.
Any queries in relation to this advertisement should be addressed to the Recruitment and HR Officer, Upasna Dayanand, on tel. (011) 950-4126.
Closing Date: 14 May 2013
Monash South Africa is an Equal Opportunity employer