19-25 October 2015
Open for Collaboration
Message from the President
LIASA has recognized the key role Open Access plays in our profession and our communities and therefore has adopted it as a Corporate Project. Open Access contributes to the 2015 SALW theme that urges people to ‘Connect @ your library’ . The notion of unrestricted availability supports libraries taking on the meaningful role of bringing together communities and information without barriers of entry such as economic lack.
The 2015 Open Access theme: ‘Open for Collaboration’ dovetails with the current Presidential theme of ‘Libraries for development: Action, Integration and Collaboration’.
All libraries, especially Public Libraries, the focus of the 2015 Open Access week in LIASA, offer a myriad of services that equate to open access yet it still has to be demonstrated how much of that is utilized fully or even known. We are issuing a challenge and a call to action to all LIS sectors: Public, Community, School, Academic and Research intensive and Special libraries to showcase your 2015 Open Access involvement:
- What does it mean to you? Tell a digital story. Contact email@example.com
- What services in your library relate to Open Access? How is this marketed and publicized? Show everyone by posting on the LIASA website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interact with the Facebook Interest groups: PACLIG, the Public Libraries Interest Group, HELIG the Higher Education Interest Group and, the main page LIASANews etc
- Tweet about it including @liasanews and use the hash tag #liasa2015OA
- Respond to announcements on LIASA Open Access activities by joining in!
Information on LIASA OA Week can be found at http://www.liasa-new.org.za/open-access-week-2015/. For global Open Access activities see http://www.openaccessweek.org/ and http://www.openaccessweek.org/profiles/blogs/oa-week-editathon.
South African Events
Please sign up at this page, and add your entry to the South African category.
Resources & Downloads
- Open Access logo.pdf
- Poster.pdf 609.6 mm x 914.4 mm (24″ x 36″)
- Handout.pdf A4 – 210mm x 297mm (8.27″x11.69″)
- Handout.jpg A4 – 210mm x 297 mm (8.27″x11.69″)
- Word flyer 1
- Word flyer 2
- Web banner 120 pixels wide x 240 pixels high
- Web banner 468 pixels wide x 60 pixels high
- Web banner 170 pixels wide x 45 pixels high
- Web icon 60 pixels wide x 60 pixels high