The National Library of South Africa in partnership with the University of the Western Cape presents a five-day PRESERVATION MANAGEMENT FOR LIBRARIES workshop from 31 August to 5 September 2015.
The programme will cover the following topics:
* Introduction to Preservation and Conservation management
* Disaster Planning, Prevention and Recovery
* Care of collections (including cleaning)
* Stack Management
* Stocktaking / Weeding
* Accommodation and Storage
* Microforms and Photographs
* De-acidification of collections
* Library relocations
* Digitisation of collections
* Risk assessment
The workshop will take place at the campus of the University of the Western Cape. The workshop is intended for senior staff and decision makers in the library profession. The programme includes visits to the National Library of South Africa, UWC Library & Mayibuye Archives and the Western Cape Archives.
Registration fee: R 4 300 (staff from public / community libraries are sponsored by the Department of Arts and Culture).
Please contact Jenny Raatz at email@example.com or phone 076 951 0743 or 021 976 5037.
Director: Preservation Services
National Library of South Africa
Private Bag X990
Tel +27 12 401-9705
Fax +27 12 326-7642