Audio-Visual Archivist – e. Sat TV (Pty) Ltd Location: Cape Town
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Your key performance areas will include:
- Gather, organise and store all content (especially raw visuals) produced by eNews division in order to make these available to eMedia Investments, outside production houses and independent producers
- Select audio-visual material worth archiving according to archive selection policy
- Use desktop systems and internet for shortlisting and cataloguing of digital and analogue audio-visual material as per digital archive workflow
- Conduct online research using desktop systems and internet in order to select suitable and relevant audio-visuals for compilations
- Timeous provision of appropriate audio-visual materials on request to all e-channels (primarily news and current affairs), production houses and independent producers
- Provide reference and information services to clients
- Maintain shelving systems and tape storage areas
- A post-matric qualification in library and information science or related field
- A minimum of two to three years’ work experience in broadcast library or related field
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability in the use of print and digital reference tools
- Experience of working in an audio-visual or broadcast library will be a recommendation
- An ability to work with visual media
- An ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Able to work long hours and shifts
- An interest in news, current affairs and sport
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and within a team
- An understanding of the broadcast industry would be an advantage
Note: the successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
If you meet the minimum requirements for the position as stated, please send your Application Form together with your CV, certified copies of your ID & Qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the minimum requirements, as well as submission of complete documentation as mentioned above.
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.
Closing date: 25 July 2017.