|Job Title||Head of Enterprise and Information Management|
|Organization Name||Enterprise, Portfolio and Information Management Division|
|Business Systems and Technology Department|
|The main purpose of this position is to provide leadership and strategic direction to the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) Section. This will ensure that people, processes and tools associated with the proper management of the information discipline are in place to effectively manage and improve the information assets of the South African Reserve Bank (the Bank).|
|The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key performance areas:
· Provide vision, leadership and strategic direction to the EIM Section.
· Develop tactical and operational plans in support of the EIM strategy that it is aligned to the Bank and departmental strategy.
· Set the strategic direction for the Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics.
· Establish a BI Centre of Excellence.
· Define the to-be architecture and deployment of the agreed architecture across the enterprise.
· Establish and enhance an enterprise information-value chain to ensure the appropriate usage of information assets.
· Establish and enhance the information management capability and maturity across the enterprise.
· Establish an appropriate EIM organisational structure.
· Develop and promote a professional EIM discipline within the Bank, which includes, inter alia, information management and information governance.
· Ensure compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements and ensure that risks are identified and assessed, and that adequate and effective risk-mitigating measures are implemented.
· Establish and assure compliance with information and data policies, standards and procedures across the enterprise.
· Implement the EIM programme and the operationalisation thereof Bank-wide (i.e. across business functions and the various disciplines).
· Manage the performance and development of direct reports, oversee performance management for the function, and promote and support career management and development.
|To be considered for this position, candidates must be in possession of:
· a m inimum four-year degree relevant to Information Management and/or BI or equivalent combination of education and job-related experience;
· a minimum of 10–12 years’ experience in Information Management, BI and Analytics of which at least five years must be in a management role; and
· appropriate information and data management certifications.
Additional requirements are as follows:
· strong leadership and communication skills;
· experience in defining a vision and build followers’ commitment to it;
· experience in leading major information management programmes in key business areas;
· experience in operationalising information and data governance and quality;
· expertise with the major big data solutions and products available in the market;
· expertise in creating and deploying information and data best practices and methodologies;
· expertise in all information and data-related architectures;
· knowledge on managing and leading technical BI, Analytics and big data teams across multiple departments;
· knowledge about building and supporting BI, Analytics and big data teams across the organisation;
· knowledge about developing business cases for technical projects with a lot of uncertainties;
· familiarity with different modelling techniques such as data modelling and/or predictive modelling;
· problem solving and analysis;
· strategic decision-making;
· delegation of responsibilities;
· attention to detail;
· high-level conceptualisation; and
· stakeholder management.
|How To Apply|
|All interested parties are invited to apply.
Internal applicants MUST apply through the ERP system.
External applicants MUST apply online, via www.resbank.co.za.
• All available vacancies will be visible.
• Please follow these links: Careers@SARB > Current vacancies.
• Login >
– Is this your first visit to our Job Site? > Register today (ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process) or
– Already registered on our Job Site? > Already registered? > Login here.
• Date posted > Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu).
• Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Do not enclose copies of your identity document or qualifications with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to a psychometric assessment, an appropriate reference check and security clearance as part of the selection process.
The closing date for applications is 9 June 2017. Late applications will not be considered.
In line with the Bank’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. People with disabilities are welcome to apply.
The Bank offers remuneration and benefits commensurate with the level of the position and in line with the market. The level at which the successful applicant will be appointed will depend on his or her experience and competence.
Ms Sarah Molomo
Senior Manager: Recruitment and Selection
Human Resources Department
|Amount of Travel||No Travel|
|Work At Home||No|