In compliance with its Employment Equity Plan, the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality is committed to employment practices that redress past imbalances in respect of race, gender, creed and disability, and as such the relevant policy will be considered during selection and placement.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned positions. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Note that the position below relates to the INTEGRATED PUBLIC TRANSPORT SYSTEM (IPTS) in the Infrastructure and Engineering Directorate of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality. This is a three-year contractual appointment (July 2017 to July 2020), renewable annually. Standard benefits do not apply to this position. The contract is a grant funded initiative by the Division of Revenue Act (DORA).
INFRASTRUCTURE AND ENGINEERING DIRECTORATE
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (INFORMATION OFFICER)
POSITION CODE: 7147
TASK Grade 13 (R353 700 – R491 748 per annum)
- Diploma in Information Technology/Accounting or equivalent.
- Computer literacy – Office/Excel applications.
- One to two years’ experience of bookkeeping, record keeping and information management.
- Good administration skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Co-ordinating the information and data information for sub-directorate.
- Performing tasks/activities associated with the development of data systems and database for project information and scope of projects to improve the overall operations of the programme
- Obtaining required data, extracting relevant information, generating schedules and producing schedules
- Ensuring optimum and uninterrupted functionality of data and information.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORM AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed on the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications (please do not submit original supporting documentation, as this will not be returned). Z83 applications and faxed applications are no longer accepted. A CV not accompanied by a fully completed official application form will not be accepted.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy, clearly stating the position code of the post for which you are applying.
Official application forms are obtainable from the Employment Application Receiving Centres that are located on ground floor of: Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth OR Town Hall, Market Street, Uitenhage. Application forms may also be downloaded from the municipal website: www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za. Telephonic enquires may be directed to the Receptionist, Tel: 041 506 3259.
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth 6000 or deliver to the relevant Employment Application Receiving Centre.
Kindly note that the Municipality contacts shortlisted applicants only. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position/s advertised.
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 9 JUNE 2017 before 12h00 noon.