The ADvTECH Schools Division leads the private sector in the field of education, contributing meaningfully towards the sustainable development of human capacity in South Africa.
We seek to make the following appointment at
Centurus Schools – Southdowns Preparatory
Librarian – Grade 1 – 7 (2018)
Reporting To: The Principal.
Qualification: Minimum requirement is a recognised Degree and/or a 4-year post-matric Teaching Qualification.
Experience: Minimum 2 years’ teaching experience in the same or similar type of position in a similar environment.
- To be responsible for all duties as required of Southdowns Preparatory Educator.
- Incorporate the school’s values into daily teaching
- The successful applicant will be required to participate fully in the extra-mural programme at all levels.
- An appropriate qualification and teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, learners and parents;
- Members of staff are expected to support the ethos of the school.
- Energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative;
- Good organisational and administrative skills;
- Good understanding of children
- An open and creative outlook to education;
- Excellent communication skills with parents, staff and learners and a willingness to engage with learners and their parents on a level to help children in the best way possible
- Able to work under pressure and adapt to a changing educational environment
- Computer Literacy is imperative;
- Work as part of a team where relationships with other role players are very important
- SACE registration
Please apply online using the following link:
Closing Date: 22 June 2017.
Commencement date: 01 January 2018.
ADvTECH is an equal opportunity employer. Only successful candidates will be notified. Preference will be given to EE candidates.