- LIBRARIAN (REF: DCD 4.1)
Salary: R260 880 – R288 000 p/a (Level 8)
- National Diploma in Library and Information Science. Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in a library setting with supervisory and administrative experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good interpersonal and community relations. Energetic, ability to perform manual work. Knowledge of library procedures and policies. Ability to prepare written reports and to solve problems.
- Controlling library functions.
- Managing the library users
- Supervisory duties
- Revenue management
- Outreach and Marketing
- Appointments will be made according to the Council’s Employment Equity Plan, which ensures representation of designated groups in the Municipality, including those with disabilities.
- It would be expected of candidates to be subjected to thorough evaluations and that previous and current employers and references will be contacted. Verification will be done on his/her qualifications, criminal and credit records. The candidate will be required to disclose all financial interests.
- No faxed applications or emailed copies will be accepted.
- Appointment is subject to the signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act. The appointment will be done in accordance with the Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers.
- All applications must be submitted with a detailed CV, Certified copies of qualifications, ID document and driver’s licence, the names of three references from current and previous employers and a fully completed official application form, as available from the municipal website or the Human Resources Department, to be couriered to Directorate: Corporate Support Services, Unit: Human Resources, c/o Nelson Mandela & Beyers Naude Drive, Rustenburg 0299, P O Box 16, Rustenburg 0300 Please mark envelope “VACANCY”. Administrative enquiries may be directed to Human Resources at tel. 014-590 3048 /3016 / 3514
CLOSING DATE: 07 SEPTEMBER 2018
Notice number: 63 / 2018