4 X LIBRARY PROJECT COORDINATOR positions:
Contract position for 12 months – Up to R28,000.00 CTC Per Month
To commence employment before 1 August 2017
- KwaZulu-Natal & Eastern Cape Regions
- Free State & North West Regions
- Gauteng, Mpumalanga & Limpopo Regions
- Northern Cape & Western Cape Regions
Relevant Degree / Diploma in Public Administration majoring in Project Management and or Librarianship with formal Project Management Certificate, coupled with at least 3 years’ relevant working experience. We are seeking an energetic, ambitious individual who possesses strong interpersonal, administration, communication, report writing and presentation skills and who has a solid understanding of project coordination and implementation. The successful candidate will report to a Project Manager and be responsible for the following inter alia:
- Coordinate the procurement, installation and functionality of hardware and software required for the project.
- Train public library staff in the use of specific hardware and software.
- Liaise with the staff of public libraries to identify and encourage blind and visually impaired people in communities to receive training in the use of library facilities and facilitate community meetings.
- Make all practical and logistical arrangements to ensure the project is implemented as planned.
- Administer all documentation related to the project in accordance to the requirements of the Organisation.
- Write reports to Management and the NLSA Liaisons through the Project Manager at SALB as required to track progress with the project.
- Perform group as well as individual discussions and presentations to market the services, and teach the members to utilize the services and facilities at their disposal.
- Motivate reporting staff, as well as staff members of stakeholder libraries in terms of promoting and facilitating the service.
- The successful incumbent must have an unendorsed driver’s license for a motor car, valid for at least 2 years and must be willing to travel frequently.
- Good command of the English language and any other indigenous language of the province is essential.
- MS Office proficient.
- Education/Training facilitation background would be a strong advantage.
Closing date: 9 June 2017
Forward CV applications to firstname.lastname@example.org