PART TIME LIBRARIAN
Submitted by St Augustine College on Wed, 2017-06-07 11:43
St Augustine seeks to appoint a suitably qualified experienced person as Librarian on a part time basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for
• Accurately maintaining the Library database system on Inmagic.
• Manage all library functions in accordance with the requirements of the College.
• Develop a strategy for the library?
• Facilitate access to information through training of both academic staff and students
• Oversee all meta data services/function
• Liaison with external service providers
• Drive service excellence?
• Prepare budget and control financial expenditure in line with delegation of authority levels and budgetary amounts.
• Account for all expenditure and allocate expenditure to correct cost code.
• Meet the requirements of library users: staff members, students and visitors.
• Compile and maintain library policies and procedures.
• Maintain and grow the stock of books trough collection development, ordering and arranging.
• Maintain order and supplier information on Inmagic Library System.
• Develop the collection of periodicals.
• Meeting with the Library Committee members at regular intervals to discuss matters relating to library effectiveness, policies and procedures.
• As and when required assist with cataloguing and classification.
Applicants must possess or demonstrate the following:
• Relevant degree in B.Bibl, B.Inf, or any degree plus a Post Diploma in Library and Information Services.
• 10 years of experience of which at least 5 years should have been in Higher Education?
• High skill levels in planning and organising
• Competency in Inmagic Library System
• Proficiency in MS Word, EXCEL, PowerPoint, Outlook and data management.
• In-depth knowledge of DDC
• Good writing and spoken competency in English
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal and communicate professionally with library users at all levels from academic staff to inexperienced library users.
• Ability to contribute to the relevance, growth and integrity of the Library’s collection
• Proven Administrative skills
• Conflict Resolution skills
• Registered member of LIASA
• Supervisory skills
• Attention to detail with a high accuracy orientation
• Proactive with a creative approach to problem analysis and problem solving.
• Driver’s license and own transport as the incumbent may be required to travel.
• The ability to work as part of team
• Initiative and ability to follow up and complete tasks timeously and accurately
• Has in-depth knowledge of Open Access and how to maximize Open Access to the benefit of St Augustine’s
• Has sufficient knowledge and experience in cataloguing and classification to oversee this function
Salary range will depend on qualifications and experience.
St Augustine College of South Africa
Application Closing Date:
Friday, June 30, 2017
Send CV to: