University of Fort Hare
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES AND HUMANITIES
SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER: LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
Alice Campus (Ref No: S093)
Senior Lecturer: R 537 636 – R 668 851 per annum (All-inclusive package)
Lecturer: R 435 051 – R 540 620 per annum (All-inclusive package)
- Teach in almost all areas of Library and Information Science
- Refine the curriculum at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Participate in community engagement
- Interface focusing on strategic wellness consultation
- Supervise undergraduate and postgraduate research projects
- Produce academic publications, especially accredited ones.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Possession of PhD in Library and Information Science or closely related field for Senior Lecturer or Master’s degree for Lecturer;
- Seven (7) years University teaching experience with proven research output for Senior Lecturer, and 5 Years for Lecturer
- Ability to teach, conduct research and supervise postgraduate students’ projects in at least two of the following areas: Research Methods in Librarianship; Information Processing and Retrieval; Computerized Cataloguing; Information Systems and Information Management; Cataloguing and Indexing; Information Technology and Archives and Conservation and Preservation of Records and Archives;
- Potential to undertake academic administrative responsibilities at departmental level;
- Ability and willingness to participate in community engagement projects
- Sound interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
To apply: Interested applicants who meet the criteria are invited to:
- E-mail application with COVERING LETTER CLEARLY INDICATING THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR, with a complete CV, proof of remuneration and three work-related referees to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications must CLEARLY INDICATE THE REFERENCE NUMBER AND NAME OF THE POST APPLIED FOR ON THE SUBJECT LINE.
- No faxes or walk-ins (hard copies) will be accepted.
- Applicants are urged to ensure that their applications reach the Human Resources Department before the closing date. Late applications will not be considered.
- Failure to comply with the above directions will result in the application being disqualified.
Note: Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA.
– Included in the above remuneration is the company contribution to our compulsory pension fund, medical aid contributions, life cover and an optional annual bonus.
– The University reserves the right NOT to make an appointment.
University of Fort Hare is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Pursuant to complying with the Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998.
Sunday, 18 June, 2017 – 23:45